Fraud Waste or Abuse

To report waste, abuse, or fraud, choose one of the following:

  • Call the OIG Hotline at 1-800-436-6184
  • Visit Inspector General Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Under the box labeled “I WANT TO” click “Report Waste, Abuse, and Fraud” to complete the online form 
  • You can report directly to your health plan:
    • Children’s Medical Center Health Plan, P.O.Box 167688, Irving, Texas 75016
    • 1-800-262-4796 (toll-free)

When reporting about a provider  (a doctor, dentist, counselor, etc.) include:

  • Name, address, and phone number of provider
  • Name and address of the facility (hospital, nursing home, home health agency, etc.)
  • Medicaid number of the provider and facility, if you have it
  • Type of provider (doctor, dentist, therapist, pharmacist, etc.)
  • Names and phone numbers of other witnesses who can help in the investigation
  • Dates of events
  • Summary of what happened

When reporting about someone who gets benefits, include:

  • The person’s name
  • The person’s date of birth, Social Security Number, or case number if you have it
  • The city where the person lives
  • Specific details about the waste, abuse, or fraud