Am I Eligible?
Are you eligible for the STAR Kids Program?
Medicaid populations who must participate in STAR Kids include children and young adults aged 20 and younger:
- Who receive Social Security Income (SSI)
- Who receive SSI and Medicare
- Who receive Medically Dependent Children Program (MDCP) waiver services
- Who receive Youth Empowerment Services (YES) waiver services
- Who receive Intellectual or Developmental Disability (IDD) waiver services
- Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS)
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL)
- Deaf-Blind with Multiple Disabilities (DBMD)
- Who reside in a community-based ICF-IID or in a nursing facility
How to Apply for Medicaid
To apply for Medicaid, please visit www.yourtexasbenefits.com or call 2-1-1 or 1-877-541-7905.
You may also call us, and we will send you an application and other helpful information. We can answer any questions about the program, such as who can qualify or how to fill out your application. Call toll-free 1-800-947-4969 (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
How to Enroll with Us
After you apply for Medicaid (STAR Kids), the State’s enrollment broker will send you a packet in the mail. The packet has facts about the health plans and a list of providers in your area you can choose from. Choosing the right doctor and plan is important, so read everything in the packet.
You will have 30 days after receiving the enrollment packet to select a STAR Kids health plan. If no health plan is selected, the Texas Health and Human Services Commission will choose a health plan and primary care provider for you.
If you are not assigned to the Children's Medical Center Health Plan and you want to be our member, call 1-800-964-2777 to change your health plan. Let them know you would like to become a member of Children’s Medical Center Health Plan.
After You Enroll with Us
Children’s Medical Center Health Plan will send you a Member Welcome Packet. We will also send you your Member ID Card no later than five days after you join the plan. The Member ID Card and welcome packet are sent in two mailings.
If you have questions or need assistance, Member Services can be reached 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CST Monday through Friday at 1-800-947-4969.